[softwarelist] Re: OvnPro 2.77 type 5 errors

  • From: Martin Vethake <martinv@xxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 14:57:06 +0100

In message <e389e91d50.farmstay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Ross McGuinness <farmstay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <WVIvswA4glbJFwVy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > In message <501cbc73d8asgard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Keith Hopper
> > <asgard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes
> SNIP
>
> > The new version is on my Iyonix, all I have to do is transfer it to this
> > PC so I can upload it to the website.
>
> > Funny thing is that I can't - every attempt at copying on the Iyonix
> > results in "Error from server". All I can think of is that there was a
> > Windows update today.
>
> Well thank goodness for that. I've been driven mad by the same problem
> and thought I had done something to the XP machine. Hope someone works
> out how to 'fix' the Micro$oft problem so I can get back to saving to
> my large HD. In fact I'm awaiting a new 750Gb HD to go into a Windoze
> box - won't be much use if I can't save files to it.

Some years ago I resorted to using FTP because of all the fuss about SMB.
Cerberus FTP server on the PC and !FTPc on the Acorn. Far less
configuration work. No printing though.

Regards
--
Martin Vethake
Uffenkamp Computer Systeme

snailmail: Uffenkamp Computer Systeme
           Gartenstr. 3
           D-32130 Enger-Dreyen
Inhaber: Kai Uffenkamp  USt.-ID-Nr. DE 125 408 721
email    : martinv@xxxxxx
web      : http://www.ucs.de/
voice    : +49-5224-978075
fax      : +49-5224-978076