[softwarelist] Re: OvnPro 2.77 type 5 errors

  • From: Keith Hopper <asgard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2009 10:14:48 +1300

In article <D5WqHXBIsJZJFwFZ@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> In message <50193a9f78asgard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Keith Hopper
> <asgard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes

> >utility makes repeatably the following dreaded report -
> >
> >"Address FC031A00 is at offset 0001392C in module UtilityModule"
> >
> >     *help modules reports MOS Utilities version 5.11

> This is so bad I managed to block it out all day yesterday and didn't
> reply.

[snip]

> Another idea, make the wimpslot value, the one set at the end of the
> !Run file in !OvnPro significantly bigger. I've vaguely said "memory
> problems", bumping up the wimpslot may be one way to help.

     Mmmm! Even with a 32M wimpslot it just takes a little longer! Probably
10/15 scroll bar 'sweeps' before the error occurs.

     However! An interesting new bit of information! While attempting to
write this note using Pluto immediately after my test, any attempt to
delete using Ctrl-X (for the snip) resulted in an error beep - but no error
window from Pluto. I had to use the Delete key - a character at a time  -
to get rid of the snipped bit.

     Since I had previously been using Pluto to do the same sort of reply
to other messages I begin to wonder if indeed it is a RISCOS problem with
what appears to be some sort of interaction between a failing application
and another already loaded one.

     However, Ctrl-X still works happily in StrongED - although I think
that that does its own memory control quite differently.

     Baffled as ever! Mind you - touch wood - once image rendering is off I
have no troubles with any document.

                         Thanks for your thoughts,

                                   Keith

--