[softwarelist] Re: Age old problem

  • From: Dave Symes <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2012 06:48:20 +0100

Nothing to do particularly with OvPro except maybe (*), but my footnote to
the discussion...

Having read a lot more on various ERead forums, and experimented
extensively...
Using PDFs as the conversion medium is somewhat a waste of time, even if
you only want just a reasonable conversion.

The Html export out of word is littered with xxxx that causes all sorts of
problems later in the process.

Many of the converters (All I've used infact, even the bought ones) leave
a lot to be desired. (I guess the GIGO rule applies).

As Fay is usually starting out with OvPro files I've sorted a reasonably
simple solution for her that returns, considering the Epub medium, as
close as you can get to spot on.

As we have both OvPro RISC OS and OvPro for Windows, take the .dpd file to
the Win OvPro.
Open the .dpd file on one side of the screen and open Kompozer on the
other side of the screen.
Copy and paste the text from OvPro to Kompozer.

*Graphics are a bit different, I don't know why, but I cannot hilight,
Copy and Paste (Jpeg) graphics out of OvPro into other Win apps, as I can
do from other Win apps, to Win apps.

*Any thought on that one Mr Pilling?

Or am I missing something?
Anway, the graphics have to be Saved out of the OvPro document, then
inserted into the Kompozer document.

A quick re-edit/tidy up in Kompozer, Save out the Html, shove that through
Calibre, and Uncle Bob arrives.

She can play with that herself now... I'm now off to get on with my own
stuff.

Dave

--

Dave Triffid