[creation] Precipitation

  • From: "Dr. Neville Jones" <ntj005@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: creation@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 23:36:48 +0000 (GMT)

John, Jack and Bernie,

Thanks for the replies. I believe I have traced the book now.

Dear All,

Another question for you. Since there is evaporation going on all the time off
the surface of the oceans, and since evaporation leads to precipitation (rain),
then why did it not rain before the Flood?

Any ideas?

Neville.

John D Matthews <john.matthews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Neville,

I don't know the book, but the issue as to which agent is the better able to
explain geological features is still debated outside creationist circles. I
have less faith in the ice explanation. Water moving at high speed, and
draining freely into the earth as it rises out of the ocean (because the
water table is trying to follow the ocean level) does have power to move
large quantities of material, and then suddenly dump them as the surface
water exhausts itself by downward drainage.

John Matthews