[creation] Re: Precipitation

  • From: "Dr. Neville Jones" <ntj005@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: creation@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 00:14:41 +0100 (BST)

Dear Percival,

The seasons have always been present, because the path
of the Sun through the heavens (the ecliptic) has not
changed. Hence, there will always have been periods of
increased warmth, I believe.

However, the interesting thing is that the World would
have been considerably warmer all over before the
Flood, simply because there was much less water on the
World before the Flood. Less water means less
evaporation and less evaporation means less heat loss.

Also, water vapour content in the atmosphere would
have been higher, due to the lack of contaminants
needed to form water droplets (as Philip pointed out),
and water vapour is the main "greenhouse" gas (it is
far more significant than carbon dioxide).

I don't think that you imply a vapour canopy around
the World, as some at ICR do, but I'll just add that I
do not see any evidence for this.

Neville.