Re: Re:

  • From: Ryan Williams <ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2015 16:24:20 +0200

Then you know what you need to work on *lol*. Start there.

On Mon, Dec 21, 2015 at 4:23 PM, richard moorcroft <
greattekkenmaster@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

No SAP,, you frustrated me alot, your Nash is nice, I just wanted to
jump whole time,, whenever I get frustrated I want to jump even though I
know I will end up with a lot of shit afterwards
On Dec 21, 2015 4:21 PM, "Ryan Williams" <ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I thought you did ok with Ryu. You just didn't anti-air when you had the
opportunity to.

On Mon, Dec 21, 2015 at 4:20 PM, richard moorcroft <
greattekkenmaster@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I need help with Ryu,, I suck
On Dec 21, 2015 4:08 PM, "Ryan Williams" <ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I threw sonic booms with the intention of moving around (which they
help with quite nicely). Nash has an amazing forward dash.

On Mon, Dec 21, 2015 at 4:03 PM, Nicholas Robertson-Muir <
nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

That actuall explains a lot of the quitting I recieved then.
I just threw sonic booms for days and anti-aired.
Off the anti-air I'd risk something.
On 21 Dec 2015 16:01, "Ilitirit Sama" <ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Lol, that's why people rage quit. They get frustrated by not knowing
how to attack then they just quit and look for someone less patient to
play
against.

On Mon, Dec 21, 2015 at 3:59 PM, Nicholas Robertson-Muir <
nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hah, that's exactly how I felt!

I set the difficulty to max, and all you do is end up waiting for
stupid offence to punish.
Really boring.
On 21 Dec 2015 15:57, "Ilitirit Sama" <ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Lol I don't know what Daigo would and would not do.

I must say though that once you reach rank 1000 the guys (excluding
boosters and rage quitters) are *really *good at the game. But
there are 2 different groups of good players. There are the ones who
are
very good at setups and tricks, and players who are just really
patient and
solid, who don't mind holding down back or 30 seconds just to bait
that one
bad jump (pro-tip: you cannot jump at Bison at all, from any angle
when he
has super). It feels like the slow methodical play will eventually be
the
better strat in the long run, but it's not like the same kind of
methodical
play that I prefer. In other words, instead of limiting options and
forcing mistakes by doing stuff, it's more about *waiting* for
mistakes by doing very little.

On Mon, Dec 21, 2015 at 3:47 PM, richard moorcroft <
greattekkenmaster@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Would Daigo play in this manner??? I tried zoning and I got my ass
handed to me alot
On Dec 21, 2015 3:28 PM, "sameegh jardine" <sameegh@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

*I get the dudes standing on the other side of the screen waiting
for me to attack them, then they rage quit when I don't. Why must I
run
after you when I have the life lead? -_-*

Because you need to play with honor. Simply put, do you think
that Daigo would play in such a manner? I rest my case.

On Mon, Dec 21, 2015 at 3:13 PM, Ilitirit Sama <
ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I get the dudes standing on the other side of the screen waiting
for me to attack them, then they rage quit when I don't. Why must
I run
after you when I have the life lead? -_-

Then of course there are the guys who rage quit just before KO
so that they can keep their win streak. Can't believe Capcom didn't
incldue even basic disconnect handling. Even Vanilla SFIV had a
"disconnect percentage" value that you could use as a search filter.

On Mon, Dec 21, 2015 at 3:06 PM, Nicholas Robertson-Muir <
nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I get fear quit.
First round I lose, then the 2nd round starts and because I
picked up what they're doing the match plays in my favor.
Then they quit.
On 21 Dec 2015 14:53, "Ilitirit Sama" <ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Incoming essay about SFV after the weekend's beta:

tl;dr: The game is OK, but nothing special. I'd give it 7/10
on a good day.

- Regional matchmaking simply does not work
- Netcode is passable with the usual rollback glitches.
Sometimes playable vs people in EU, but often not. I played
vs LiangHuBBB
(Germany). He beat me with teleporting DPs and fireballs.
- The rage quitters are hilarious. Why rage over a beta?
And why don't they punish rage quitting in general? It's not
like they
can't do it. They record all sorts of arbitrary rubbish like
what button
you pressed on the menu etc, so they can surely easily detect
rage quitters
with reasonable accuracy.
- Online is play is a mess in general. Account names get
messed up, the female organiser says the wrong thing all the
time, match
stats aren't updated.
- There is so much pointless delay between matches. The
default option after a match is to view the opponent's
profile. If you
click on "Continue Searching for opponents" it doesn't do
that. It just
takes you back to the search screen.

As for the gameplay, I'm definitely not a fan. Offense feels
linear and bottle-necked through a small set of options for each
range.
Many characters have "dead zones" in their anti-air options which
opponents
will use to go for x-ups. Over and over and over again. So it's
poke poke
x-up until time runs out. And by that I mean either the player
on offense
or defense will jump because they know there's virtually nothing
you can do
to prevent it because most characters have poor frame advantage
and
pushback and low throw range mean regular tick throws are
extremely weak.
Now decent players are aware of this, and often they will just
jump back
fierce punch/kick to beat the x-up attempt. Which is fine, but
this just
slows the pace of the game down tremendously. The other option
is to just
play like Infiltration - pressure string into or hit-confirm or
backdash
out of that zone so that he can anti-air from a good range. But
as I
mentioned, this slows down the pace of the game a lot. I think
in general
anti-airs need a buff. Even the ones that are really good aren't
enough to
stop people from jumping. eg. Some anti-airs only do 60% of
their regular
damage later in their active frames.

Speaking of Crush Counters, this is another aspect of the game
I'm not fond of. Offense is dominated by trying put the opponent
into
situations where they must guess between blocking or
poking/teching. Which
under normal circumstances is OK because in theory you should be
able to
control the neutral, but most of the time the attack vector is
from a x-up
because of the dead zone for anti-airs and because it's the best
situation
for landing a throw/frame trap mixup. Now many characters simply
don't
have the tools to control that dead zone (hence why it's a dead
zone), so
you can't even play an effective neutral game (weak hitboxes, slow
walkspeed etc). Both players just avoid this region until
someone cracks,
or land something random like Karin overhead, Mika drop kick,
Cammy drill
etc. I'm also not really fond of these tools that allow people
to simply
bypass the neutral game. R. Mika for example can ruin your day
simply by
getting you to block a charged drop kick (goes over fireballs and
lows,
frame advantage on block, combos on hit), and then putting you in
the mixup
blender. She's like Fuerte with less execution. Minor nitpick
though.
Every game has things like that.

I'll play this game because I see the netcode and input buffer
being *really *good for local matches. Like you won't be as
likely to complain about losing because of lag. Other than that
I just
think it's an OK game.