Re: Re:

  • From: Manase Zote <bmlzote@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2015 15:34:46 +0200

GG xrd matches are not even...
On 25 Nov 2015 15:05, "Nicholas Robertson-Muir" <nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I liked Tekken 4 most. Tag next. Things went downhill after that. For
me anyway.
I really like SF5 so far.
If I get the urge to play a fighting game, it's usually kof13 tho.
I like GG because the matches are even.
I don't like MKX because it doesn't care about balance.
On 25 Nov 2015 14:37, "Ryan Williams" <ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Tsek.
On 25 Nov 2015 14:35, "lindsey kiviets" <lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

sap pls.

Don't make me season u.

------------------------------
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2015 18:01:37 +0700
Subject: Re: RE:
From: marongdin@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I see. I wonder if these changes were intentional or a "stealth" nerf.

The biggest issue is when i want to use a move at max range to
"reset" my position to a comfortable zone that i know my character have
superior advantage...but then...it wiffs...thank you harada lolz

On Wed, Nov 25, 2015 at 5:54 PM, Ilitirit Sama <ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

How do you guys deal with this in SF or other 2D fighter games
(with out the use of projectiles

I generally... don't. It's like you said, in situations where
certain and actions and strategies become really risky then defense
becomes
more important. I wonder if game developers actually realise this.

SFV has this same issue. It seems to me that Namco and Capcom want
to make games where reading the opponent plays a bigger role than before.
In the past, top players would just stomp on everyone else because they
had
superior movement, spacing and command of their characters' toolsets. In
SFV and in Tekken, toolsets and basic movement are nerfed, and spacing
cannot be used as effectively to control the opponent because of the
lower
pushback. This shortens the gap between top and lower levels, but also
leads to high risk/high reward play, or situations where neither player
is
a willing to commit to a move.

On Wed, Nov 25, 2015 at 12:46 PM, Di Lhong <marongdin@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Walking speed in T7 is throwing me (espcially with dragunov's d2) and
a few top players off in some situation. Executing moves as fast as
possible usually miss now in certain situation. I see Knee and other
koreans are having issue with this too. (Knee lost mastercup because is
generic d4 wiffed after fff3 on block...). And to dash up and do the same
move doesn't work as well, since the advantage is put into the defensive
player. I remember Salie mentioning about the nerfed push back on block
moves.

How do you guys deal with this in SF or other 2D fighter games (with
out the use of projectiles...since T7 doesn't have projectiles. So their
footsies is a bit different?)

The 2 new ORIGINAL characters (Katarina and Claudio) doesn't have
this issue for some odd reason. Their range is insane. The recycled "new"
characters like Josie, Gigas, Lucky Chloe and even Shaheen in certain
situations seem to have range issue.

It seems like the game favors the person holding back even more so
now. Which is perfect for me lolz

On Wed, Nov 25, 2015 at 2:58 PM, Nicholas Robertson-Muir <
nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I saw the video last night as well.
It looks worse in motion.
On 25 Nov 2015 08:29, "Donaldson, Alasdair" <
alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Good to see that they’re using the new tech to the fullest. Sigh.

Also, now I’ve got that song stuck in my head -

My blue jeans is tight…