Re: Re:

  • From: lindsey kiviets <lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2015 12:35:42 +0000

sap pls.

Don't make me season u.

________________________________
From: cpt-fgc-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <cpt-fgc-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of
Ryan Williams <ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: 25 November 2015 12:28 PM
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:

I think the biggest factor - which also happens to be what people hate - is the
ability to adapt and to accept change.

A few years ago, when T6:BR was released, l hated it. It didn't feel like the
Tekken games l'd played in the past (T5:DR specifically, which is tied with the
original Tekken Tag Tournament as one of my all time fave Tekken games). The
emphasis was less on poke play and spacing, with a noticeable shift to
string-based, 50/50-style gameplay. TTT2 was an all-out combo fest which barely
resembled it's predecessor. It had slightly improved movement, but it also had
several glaring flaws.

I played both games for a long time. I wanted both games to be something they
weren't and would never be. Personally, l've made peace with the fact that
newer fighting games will not emulate the gameplay that vets favour. You'll
have to adapt to the new way of doing things. Expecting modern fighting games
to be virtually identical to the games of yore is unrealistic and will only
result in frustration.

When it comes to something like T7 or even SFV, l'd still be happy to play both
games if there is something to enjoy. If not, l have so many other fighting
games to play that it wouldn't bother me in the slightest if these games don't
provide a satisfactory experience. All l'm saying is, l'm prepared to adapt to
the new changes, for better or for worse. We live in an age where we aren't
always going to get what we want as seasoned fighting game players. That's the
reality.

On 25 Nov 2015 13:53, "Di Lhong"
<marongdin@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:marongdin@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
Yeah. It's only in certain situation where frame is put into factor in my case
(like df1 on hit or block). But in terms on using it raw, the walk speed
doesn't effect as much i think since we tend to move around in open space. But
in terms of df1 on hit...if i don't do dragunov's d2 (low swipe) instantly,
there's a lower chance of it hitting and if i have to dash in a bit after df1
hits. The momentum is shifted to my opponent.

Still need to get used to system changes. Getting up is VERY different now. No
more float okis.

On Wed, Nov 25, 2015 at 6:34 PM, Ilitirit Sama
<ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
In theory it should work like that but in practice it turns that the shorter
distances make certain things more risky because of factors like frame
advantage and pushback. To put it in another way, suppose you have a sword and
a knife. You obviously use the knife for short range combat, and the sword
from further away. The sword allows you to play a distance game; knife allows
you to attack quickly from up close. Now if you reduce the sword to just
slightly longer than the knife, you can still do the same thing but now it
becomes much more risky because it because easier for the opponent to
counter-attack if they block. So you might as well just use the knife.

This is exactly what happened with Ryu's cr.mk<http://cr.mk> and
cr.mp<http://cr.mp> in SFV. cr.mk<http://cr.mk> was his main poking tool. It
had less frame advantage than cr.mp<http://cr.mp>, but it was very good at
controlling space. Now that cr.mp<http://cr.mp> and cr.mk<http://cr.mk> have
the same range, there's no reason to use cr.mk<http://cr.mk> anymore,
especially since it's negative on block.

On Wed, Nov 25, 2015 at 1:12 PM, Wynand-Ben
<paashaasggx@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:paashaasggx@xxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
Isnt this just something you need to get used to?

You are used to your old range so it feels odd and you need to retrain you
brain.
The new characters dont have any existing stuff that people are hanging on to,
so their ranges dont feel wierd since its all new?

Just speculation.

We the need to god damned game on consoles...

________________________________
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2015 18:01:37 +0700
Subject: Re: RE:
From: marongdin@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:marongdin@xxxxxxxxx>
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I see. I wonder if these changes were intentional or a "stealth" nerf.

The biggest issue is when i want to use a move at max range to "reset" my
position to a comfortable zone that i know my character have superior
advantage...but then...it wiffs...thank you harada lolz

On Wed, Nov 25, 2015 at 5:54 PM, Ilitirit Sama
<ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

How do you guys deal with this in SF or other 2D fighter games (with out the
use of projectiles

I generally... don't. It's like you said, in situations where certain and
actions and strategies become really risky then defense becomes more important.
I wonder if game developers actually realise this.

SFV has this same issue. It seems to me that Namco and Capcom want to make
games where reading the opponent plays a bigger role than before. In the past,
top players would just stomp on everyone else because they had superior
movement, spacing and command of their characters' toolsets. In SFV and in
Tekken, toolsets and basic movement are nerfed, and spacing cannot be used as
effectively to control the opponent because of the lower pushback. This
shortens the gap between top and lower levels, but also leads to high risk/high
reward play, or situations where neither player is a willing to commit to a
move.

On Wed, Nov 25, 2015 at 12:46 PM, Di Lhong
<marongdin@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:marongdin@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
Walking speed in T7 is throwing me (espcially with dragunov's d2) and a few top
players off in some situation. Executing moves as fast as possible usually miss
now in certain situation. I see Knee and other koreans are having issue with
this too. (Knee lost mastercup because is generic d4 wiffed after fff3 on
block...). And to dash up and do the same move doesn't work as well, since the
advantage is put into the defensive player. I remember Salie mentioning about
the nerfed push back on block moves.

How do you guys deal with this in SF or other 2D fighter games (with out the
use of projectiles...since T7 doesn't have projectiles. So their footsies is a
bit different?)

The 2 new ORIGINAL characters (Katarina and Claudio) doesn't have this issue
for some odd reason. Their range is insane. The recycled "new" characters like
Josie, Gigas, Lucky Chloe and even Shaheen in certain situations seem to have
range issue.

It seems like the game favors the person holding back even more so now. Which
is perfect for me lolz

On Wed, Nov 25, 2015 at 2:58 PM, Nicholas Robertson-Muir
<nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

I saw the video last night as well.
It looks worse in motion.

On 25 Nov 2015 08:29, "Donaldson, Alasdair"
<alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx<mailto:alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

Good to see that they’re using the new tech to the fullest. Sigh.

Also, now I’ve got that song stuck in my head -

My blue jeans is tight…