RE: [CPT-FGC] Re: Hi

  • From: Wynand-Ben <paashaasggx@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2014 19:16:24 +0000

"Tekken is losing ground because it has become a maths equasion based on frame
data.  The Tekken-heads have killed it with over analysis.""You could program a
computer with all the available options of battle, and no Tekken player will
notice that it isn't a person playing."

How is that not equally applicable to all fighting games?
Frames are no less important in SF(or pretty much any fighter) than in Tekken...
"Just the same combo for every situation ever"This last one is just plain false
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2014 21:10:31 +0200
Subject: Re: [CPT-FGC] Re: Hi
From: nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Allright....

That was about 200+ messages.
@Stu

I'll be needing you help with a venue search, I honestly havn't come up with
anything yet.
@Zombie and SAP

In it for sure, but I have had no practice at DBZ.
@Stu and Di

Tekken is losing ground because it has become a maths equasion based on frame
data.  The Tekken-heads have killed it with over analysis.

It also lacks the glamour of the other games.  No flashy super-shit.  Just the
same combo for every situation ever.

You could program a computer with all the available options of battle, and no
Tekken player will notice that it isn't a person playing.
@Jack Steel

Combos are cool.

Doing them against someone, with a crowd watching, is cooler.
*drops mike*