RE: [CPT-FGC] Re: Hi

  • From: Nicholas Robertson-Muir <nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2014 21:37:42 +0200

> "Tekken is losing ground because it has become a maths equasion based on
frame data.  The Tekken-heads have killed it with over analysis."
> "You could program a computer with all the available options of battle,
and /no Tekken player will notice that it isn't a person playing."

> How is that not equally applicable to all fighting games?

Because when it happens every now and then in SF or KOF it's awesome.
When it happens ALL THE TIME in Tekken it looks boring.

> Frames are no less important in SF(or pretty much any fighter) than in
Tekken...

I concur, but how many Tekken players study the frame data VS how many SF
players study the frame data?

> "Just the same combo for every situation ever"
> This last one is just plain false

Incorrectly worded, sorry. I've had a long day.
Ummm......
Don't really know how I want to word this.
Perhaps I'll just say that the combos look too "samey" to me?
That fair?