Re: [cpsig] Royal Hudson

  • From: "dave hill" <techill@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cpsig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 22:03:54 -0500

In answer to Doug's comment about needing a deposit a deposit is asked for when there is a contract signed and terms of delivery are stated . I have been an importer and worked as a technical rep for 30 years o i kinda know the ropes . ihave seen products developed where one !!! person had the balls to show a manufactuer his idea . Now the manufacturer went back to the shop and built a prototype guess what it worked fantastic and there was an answer to police departments all over the United States and fire departments and magazines It was a special long developing tank so you could develop 12 rolls of 35 mm film at once hey remember that stuff and the manufacturer sold millions of $ in color chemistry when digits came along well market went bye bye well things change . But only one consumer came up with aclever Idea Now the manufacturer did not ask the guy for a deposit he went developed the product then marketed it the firs one I sold was to that consumer!! How the model industry works importers have to watch their e mails letters attend trade show talk to consumers modelers with proactive differentitation communicate wth importers I fan importer sees a potential market he looks for drawings pictures an an actual piece 2839,2850 2858 and 2860 and throw in 2816 so theres one somewhere a days drive away from MTH . sends all the information to Korea and they built a piolot model . THese models are usally shown behind closed doors at trade shows . Hobby shop owners place orders for production at this time . :ress releases are made up the hobby shop owners take resevations and may ask for a deposit when there is an approved model set for production not untill all this has gone on should The word deposit come into the picture, Now for us working stiffs emailing MTH or True LINE Trains this weekend good idea its Febuary super bowl is over what else is there to do this weekend . Now if your a banker or stock broker who just got one of those big bonus cheques well maybe a custom model builder can whip you up a H O . live steam version radio controlled real steam sound or go all the way and have an Nscale live steamer built that would put a big hole in your Bonus ONe thing this hobby has is everybody want to do it their way I believe they call it Brass bashing . In 1977 I cut up a Van Hobbies cPR g3 then got custom builder Chuck Bard to build a boiler jacket and lenghten the frame I got an H1B tender and voila the prettiest 2839 you ever saw so been there done that REgards Mr Soapbox DAVID HILL ps remember the van Hobbies CPR van hobbies jubalee well it was a Vancouver music teacher who built the piolot model Mr Crawlwy of Van Hobbies shipped to samhongsa and there was way the Jubalee came to pass. So email the manufacturer of your choice
----- Original Message ----- From: "sfturner" <sfturner@xxxxxxx>