Re: [cpsig] Royal Hudson

  • From: "dave hill" <techill@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cpsig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 09:23:34 -0500

Well i guess when you generalize about people its not fair sorry to all our usa born people who have gaine da taste for the best CANADIAN PACFIC part of my familly is American to so proably my own cousin wants my hidetoo. But being in bussines for 42 years I have had much more of a relationship with american bussiness people . I find a lot of them can,t understand this country north of the border that things are different . I think one thing for the model railroad industry is how big the railways are up here sea to sea not so in the USA so a new yorker might not be interested in Union Pacfic but theres 150 million people who live in former NYC territory thats a big market and people in Council Bluffs aren,t gong to relate to nYC or Central of New Jersey. but a person in Vancouver sees CPR maybe a little different than a person in Montreal but still CPR but still CPR so there is a big potential market . Now one might argue that the younger generation won,t be turned on by steam well just watch who is in the crowds when 2816 comes to town or 2860 .Now I may sound off about the model manufacturers in the USA but maybe we have not been to smart not using the power of the inernet so to our American members show your smart by e mailing mth this weekend and you the rest of you I don,t care where you are from . Now attent ion N scale people I understand your plight two things to keep in mind HO is 80%of the market and hey a n scale Royal Hudson great idea not to much detail needed . Just look how this Royal Hudson thing has got going If you want to see it e mail and MTH and while your at it e mail True LINE TRAINS ofr a super plastic Royal Hudson . if they ever get the CNR u2g,s here. If we push we might see a Royal Hudson before the Leafs win the Stanley cup again sorry to all the Americans out there . REGARDS DAVID HILL
----- Original Message ----- From: <PilotRicky@xxxxxxx>