Re: [cpsig] Royal Hudson

  • From: "dave hill" <techill@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cpsig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 09:00:30 -0500

well it seems we have stired up quite a pot , now i have been at this hobby for a long time off and on I remember going into Georges Trains and seeing the Tenshodo Royal Hudson for $189.85 the Toby thats Toby G3 and P2 were under $100.00 of course we were working for peanuts in those days. One thing was the Tenshodo model was 2860 the Maroon was very dark on the factory painted ones . I have had 3 different Royal Hudson,s over the years , Sold them all at different times because money was well scarse . Some members have questioned MTH quality being Toy Train like well they have entered the HO scale market with a real bang , I have seen their product the HO Southern Pacfic GS4 absolutely beautiful a scale HO Locomotive . so on this basis I email them about producing a Royal Hudson I encourage other members to do the same this weekend can,t hurt !!!! Not like give us your mastercard number and your soul as deposit !!! Just an e mail to say you are intersted . Now also look to True LINE Trains send them an E mail the CNR u2g is close to coming out well I think a Royal Hudson eastern and western version would be their next lodgcal step so how long does it take to fire off an e mail?? they are building only1000 u2g,s so they can build for a small niche market . AS I say I get on my Soapbox but guess what it can work . Alittle personal history note . In 1971 joined a group of six men in Gravenhurst Ont t with the dream of restoring an old out of sevice for 12 years steam ship this is 123 foot 300 ton ship well we got to work the internet was just for the military then computers in the home were in the future hey gas was 40 cents a gallon!! But we put our heads together wrote a book about the history of the ship and suddenly a group of highway contractors took on the project eleven years later the R>M>S SEGWUN resumed crusing . The ship has been runing ever since and is one of the top man made tourist attraction in Ontario it worked so well a second replica ship was built in 2002 to handle demand now you might feel boy is this guy off topic but my point is when people get together and communicate to those with the means to do things results happen. We are only talking e ho scale model not a 300ton ship . Mind you theres a 3000 ton ship in Douglas Michigan that I would love to see run and it was Canadian Pacific the SS KEEwaitin what a trully beautiful ship but thats a very big soapbox regardsDAVID HILL
----- Original Message ----- From: "dave hill" <techill@xxxxxxxxxx>