[citw150] CITW 150 L6 Q6

  • From: swneko@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: citw150@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 21:08:10 +0000

I learned that Telnet is a protocol used to connect to a remote server. You can
manage files, run scripts, create folder etc. Telnet is useful for managing
files. http://www.elated.com/tutorials/management/unix/basic/
It was used very recently at Michigan State University for getting registered
for classes. You would dial in to the MSU telnet server and it would help you
register you for your classes. I believe they got rid of it because it is
in-secure and was inadequate for that use. In my experience the service was
dated and did not provide easy sign-up. telnet://140.147.254.3
I tried to find some information on some legislation. It did not display
anything for the information that I requested because the information has been
posted on a website. I learned that the number when typed do not show up
visually on the screen. You just press the number and that will not appear.
Pressing Enter brings up the requested screen. Matthew Walker