[citw150] CITW 150 L6 Q6

  • From: Monica Nickovich <realtree_monica@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Internet Literacy <citw150@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 07:46:03 -0700 (PDT)

The site I decided to use to learn more about Telnet was Webopedia:
http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/T/Telnet.htm. telnet://140.147.254.3

  The webopedia does a good job explaining what a telnet is and what it does. I
had never heard of them before, but i have a better understanding now. You can
enter commands and they will be executed as if you were entering them directly
on the server console.  I typed in the URL for the telnet and the Library of
Congress came up in a seperate window. I typed in 10 to take a look at quick
facts. Pretty interesting that it is able to do that. I learned the LC lends
its material from its collections to the US libraries through standard
interlibrary loan procedures.

Explore Your Ability and Integrity, Challenge Your Fears, And Most
Importantly... Share Your Love, Unconditionally
  -Anonymous

  Monica Nickovich
  realtree_monica@xxxxxxxxx