[citw150] Re: CITW 150 L6 Q6

  • From: van awu <awuvan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: citw150@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 09:34:20 -0800 (PST)

I agree with you, Materia Magica game was a challenge. I just think it is not
that user friendly.

  Patricia

David Rahl <drahl1986@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    TelNet Report

  TelNet is a terminal emulator that provides remote access to websites. It
allows you to enter commands directly to the server interface, and link with
other related servers. (http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/T/Telnet.htm) This access
allows you to perform funtions such as copying or miving files, and creating
subdirectories and folders. You must have a username and password to log in to
telnet, but the process is fairly straightforward: telnet can be accessed
through the "Run" option in the Start Menu, and then typing "telnet" in the Run
window. (http://www.elated.com/tutorials/management/unix/basic/)
  Telnet commands function similar to old MS-Dos command prompts, such as the
"cd" command (Change Directory).
  I practiced using telnet on the Materia Magica game provided in the Lesson
description. I went through the first stage of training with the black cat in
game, and then quit. I found the game vaguely confuising as it did not provide
text for the answers and commands I typed. It also scrolled the text too
quickly for me to read well.(materiamagica.com port 23 or 4000)

  -David C. Rahl
  drahl1986@xxxxxxxxx
  "Luminous beings are we...not this crude matter."
             -Yoda
             "The Empire Strikes Back"

  Sponsored Link

Degrees for working adults in as fast as 1 year. Bachelors, Masters,
Associates. Top schools