[citw150] CITW 150 L6 Q6

  • From: John Haidamous <jhaidamous@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: citw150@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 08:59:33 -0800 (PST)

I explored more information about telnet at
http://www.helpquest.com/support/tutorials/telnet.shtml#whatis. I learned that
telnet has many other uses than just accessing your computer from a remote
location such as chatting with other users. I did a little practicing with
telnet at telnet://140.147.254.3 and found that it can be very difficult to do.
This is something that will definitely take a lot of practice to master but can
be very useful once you know it. I only did a few simple tasks such as cd
(change directory), rm (remove), and whois. As with anything else new, I
learned a lot with this lesson. The use of telnet is a lot bigger than what I
thought and some of the commands are a lot like MS-DOS which I am somewhat
familiar with.

John Haidamous
  jhaidamous@xxxxxxxxx
  "Friendship is like money, easier made than kept."
                                                      -Samuel Butler

http://mail.yahoo.com