[CIAM-F6-Working_Group] Re: World Artistic Games

  • From: Guy Revel <guyrevel@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: ciam-f6-wg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2011 18:40:14 +0100

Dear Jiri,

You are right, I should have written "international ranking" and not "World ranking". Moreover the pilots from South Africa and Anstralia do not need any ranking at this time, as they qualify simply by being the best in their respective countries and the only ones representing their continent. A ranking may have been needed for Asia, however, if more candidates would have showed up (it is not yet aside) as freestyle indoor aerobatics is flown, to my knowledge, in such countries as Hong Kong, Korea and, I believe, Singapore and Thailand. Then we would have headache deciding which Asian countries to retain and how many European pilots would remain. Your mention of the first round at WArtGames is not correct. The ranking, at this time, is needed to select the European pilots to be invited to China and this has nothing to do with the competition itself. At this point, there are at least 18 European countries who may submit a list of pilots. But taking into account the pilots already qualified (the pilots from the other continents and the WAG medal winners) there are only 15 places available. So at least for Europe a ranking is an absolute necessity or we coule have 36 pilots nominated by their NAC and we would have the difficult task to select. This is why we had previously agreed on those selection contests, which happen to take place in Belgium and the Czech Republic with still more possible until the end of March. So we will be able to compare pilots and pick up the best ones. I know a few top pilots are already registered for the Mons contest next month and Emil Giezendanner told me last Saturday that he would bring a Swiss team to at least one of these contests.

Regards,

Guy R.