[CIAM-F6-Working_Group] World Artistic Games

  • From: Guy Revel <guyrevel@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: ciam-f6-wg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 22:18:42 +0200

Dear all,

It is now official : AeroMusicals will be part of the World Artistic Games along with many other sports. Here are a few details :

Multisport event organized by SportAccord (<http://www.sportaccord.com/en/>http://www.sportaccord.com/en/)

First edition should be held in 2012 (Nov ?) or 2013 (Feb to May)

Seven sports expected to be on the official sports program : Gymnastics, Swimming, Dance Sport, Roller, Cycling and Air Sports (Indoor AeroMusicals)

Cycling, Dance Sport, Roller Sport and Air Sports are expected to share the same venue.

Competition schedule should consist of 1 training day and 2 competition days (see attached draft schedule)

24 top competitors for Indoor AeroMusicals

All travel and in-country costs should be paid by the host for each competitor. The actual requirements are somewhat conflicting : SportAccord wants the absolute 24 very best competitors in the World, but simultaneously expect as many participating countries as possible with preferably no more than 2 competitors per country.
So my questions:
1) In which countries do you believe there are at least two World Class AeroMusicals pilots ? 2) Which countries may field certainly one, but probably not two World class competitors ?

This drives to the selection method. Obviously most selection contests that may take place would be during the Winter 2011/2012, so in order to forward all necessary information to the concerned NACs, a decision has to be made early, I mean around June 15 at the latest in order to send everything to the NACs before the Summer. My opinion at this point is that World Artistic Games (WAG2) competitors are to be nominated by their National Aero Club (NAC), either through direct nomination or selection contests. Nevertheless, as the final entry is limited to 24, we and the CIAM Bureau will have to make a final decision as it may be that some obscure country submits two names we have never heard about.

Because the competition season is across 2011 and 2012, it seems better to use for everybody the 2012-valid rules (actually the only change is in the last scoring criterion, a very important change in fact).

I am convinced that in the major countries such as the Czech Republic, Germany or France, fair selection contests will be run without difficulty and I do not doubt the two top pilots coming out of these contests will actually be World class. The situation is not so clear with other countries such as the UK, Russia and such. For this reason, international contests would be a tremendous help. I have no doubt that Donatas can do that in Lithuania and probably France may see such a contest (IITOP), At least one contest in the Czech Republic would help as pilots from Poland, Slovakia, Austria etc. may enter.

So for the time beeing please answer ASAP my two questions before we go into the next step. Meanwhile I may have more informations.

Regards,

Guy R.

PS: To answer some wuestions: the net result of all this is that 2013 will be extremely busy for AeroMusicals, beginning with the World Artistic Games at the beginning of the year (or shortly before), the World Games in Cali, Colombia in August and the World Air Games in-between. PPS: Any contest from now on may also count for the WAG 2013 selection (top 12 pilots, same criteria as last time)..