[CIAM-F6-Working_Group] Re: World Artistic Games

  • From: "Mike O'Reilly" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ciam-f6-wg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 08:45:21 +0930

Hello Guy

We have one very good Aero Musical pilot here in Australia but there is very
little chance that he will travel to Columbia.

Regards

Mike O'Reilly

Date: Sun, 22 May 2011 20:47:59 +0200
To: ciam-f6-wg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: guyrevel@xxxxxxxx

Andres & all,

Thank you for the information. So this drives to more questions :

1) Are they other Spanish indoor pilots that may be up to the required level
? Is there a need for a selection in Spain (actually all the AM pilots I've
heard of are from Barcelona or Catalunya).
2) I know and I have seen Ido Segev fly, but I didn't know he was flying
indoor too.  Jiri, I believe you have Ido's email address, would you write
him or give me his email address ?
3) About Japan, it is up to Ken to tell us. Obviously we would welcome
pilots from outside Europe as well as judges.

I have not been told anything on the subject a covers everything, but I
would not be surprised if the next World Air Games and World Artistic Games
organisers were from outside Europe. Two reasons for that :

- The center of gravity of aeromodelling activity shifts increasingly
towards Asia;
- We are talking about multi-sport events and the interest is not centered
on our sport, but on communication through sports. This is how the latest
World Games were in Asia and the coming ones in Colombia. The money for
large events is not in Europe any more, just think at the forthcoming
football/soccer World Cup in the Arabic states. As long as the travel
expenses are covered by the organisers, this should be of no concern and, on
the contrary, the chances of increased TV coverage are real. This is good
when you are looking for sponsors.

Guy R.

At 20:09 22/05/2011, you wrote:

 Hello Dear Guy.

 My situation now is ok, I´m Argentinian and Spanish citizen since the past
October.
 About your questions, I agree with Mr. Jiri, and may be a good idea talk
with Ido Segev from Israel, he is a very good  freestyler and if he aply the
rules for shure can fly on World class level. I see some videos on You Tube
from Japanes championship, and some boys make rasonable freestyles, if they
aply the rules they can take part on world class championship.

 Regards.

 Andres.

  _____

Date: Sun, 22 May 2011 12:09:47 +0200
To: ciam-f6-wg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: guyrevel@xxxxxxxx

Dear Jiri,

Thank you for your contribution. At this point, competition RC indoor
activity is nil in Africa (but starting from what Bob Skinner told me) and
Oceania (Australia), I would apreciate Ken to tell us what the situation is
at this time in Japan and other Asian countries.

I look forward seeing such an international contest in the Czech Rep.
Actually I would expect more possible participating countries than you
mention by adding Slovakia, Lithuania and possibly Belarus and obviously at
least Germany. Don't forget that registration to FAI must be before November
15.

World Air Games, World Games, World Artistic Games clearly show a new trend
that affects not only our activity, but all CIAM and FAI competitions. These
are high-level competitions ( "Prestige Events" ) which have in common,
compared to World Championships, that the number of competitors is limited
and that only the World's best competitors may be invited, irrespective of
their Nation, whereas at World Championships every NAC is entitled to send a
national team of up to 3 competitors. In other words:
- At World Championships, the competitive level of the entrants is not taken
into account and the number of competitors is not limited. This makes for
the very unequal competitors' level we see at every RC World Championship.
- At "Prestige Events" the number of competitors is limited but only the
World's best are invited. NAC's action & power is limited to approve or not
the invited pilots from their country.

So obviously the only way to select competitors for Prestige Events is via
some kind of World Ranking. It just happens that for the World Artistic
Games, the short time remaining makes it unrealistic in my opinion and we
need more international contests anyway. But as these Games are here to
stay, we should look into the future. Donatas suggested establishing a World
Cup for F3P competitions. The idea is good and could be extended to F6B
AeroMusicals. It is just that, up to now, there have been very few official
international contests in these two classes and limited to the Czech Rep.,
Belgium, Lithuania and France and only 6 official international contests
registered in the FAI contest calendar over the last 8 years, not very
satisfying to say the least.  If all indoor contests to FAI rules ( F3P &
F6B) with international participation were registered, as FAI rules make it
mandatory, the situation would be much, much better.

During the coming Winter I expect at least the Czech and Lithuanian contests
to be officially registered to FAI, I have hints that one in the UK could be
registered too and possibly one in France. The more international
participation, the better view we will have of the respective levels of all
pilots and really send to the World Artistic Games the very best of them. As
for a World Cup, because several CIAM Delegates belong to this Working
Group, it would be up to them to prepare a suitable proposal for the next
CIAM Plenary.

I almost forgot : Indoor freestyle is flown in the USA, but with loose rules
varying from organiser to organiser. F3P or F6B have never been flown there
to the full rules extend, but it will not be a problem to have two World
class pilots nominated, provided they then practice to the actual
AeroMusicals rules.

Guy R.
PS:  Andres, what is your situation with the Spanish Aero-Club now ?
Wouldn't it be mush simpler to apply for a Sporting Licence to the
Argentinian Aero Club, as you are entitled to ?

At 22:36 21/05/2011, you wrote:

Dear Guy,

Thank you for the information that Aero Musicals are accepted as a part of
World Artistic Games and it is good news signalling that popularity of
indoor free style aerobatics seems to be growing. I fully agree with you
that the requirement to select 24 first class competitors with only 2 pilots
from each country could be quite difficult because as far as I know, there
are only few countries which could offer really ?world class? performing
pilots. Unfortunately I know only the situation in Europe and little bit in
USA (watching some videos) and based on my opinion I can answer your 2
questions following way:

Germany, Czech Republic, France and USA are able to offer even more than 3
perfectly suitable pilots for top World event like World Artistic Games.

Belgium, The Netherlands, Italy, Spain, Lithuania, Hungary are able to offer
at least one or two suitable pilots

As I mentioned before I do not know the situation in Asia, Africa, Oceania
or Australia ? sorry, I never heard any single word about the Aero Musicals
in these parts of the World.

Anyway, on the beginning of next year (2012) we are ready to organize in
Czech Republic the international contest for Aero Musicals and we will
invite the possible pilots from Polen, Russia, Hungary, Austria and the
results of this contest could be used for selection of good free style
pilots.

Best regards

Jiri Havel

  _____