[CIAM-F6-Working_Group] World Artistic Games

  • From: Guy Revel <guyrevel@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: ciam-f6-wg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 23:16:45 +0100

Dear all,

Firzst of all, let me wish you a successful year 2012, personally as well as sportingly. It is a pity that the World Artistic Games have not yet been officially announced (it should have been done by last September), but I understand that there is kind of a battle between two Chinese cities to host the event, so we have to be patient and it should be to our benefit as SportAccord may obtain more from the rivalry (so also FAI and us) than anticipated.

Nevertheless, even if it is not an official announcement, SportAccord inadvertently mentioned the World Artistic Games in their News today :

" About SportAccord

SportAccord is the umbrella organisation for 105 international sports federations and organisations. Its mission is to support and to protect the common interests of the sports movement. Activities include the organisation of multi-sports games (SportAccord World Combat Games, World Beach Games, World Artistic Games, World Mind Games); doping-free sport; sports' social/environmental responsibility and sports' integrity; International Federations recognition processes; the online video portal The Sports Hub as well as several other strategic initiatives, all developed and implemented on behalf, and to the benefit, of SportAccord's members."
(the emphasis is mine).
You can find the full News at http://www.sportaccord.com/en/news/index.php?idContent=15868
So I guess that an official announcement is not far away.

WArtGames selection
One of the two European selection contests takes place this week end in Belgium, I expect meeting some of you there.It may be the final selection for some pilots, particularly German and French if they don't attend the Czech contest next month.

2012 AeroMusicals rules
Publication of the 2012 Sporting Code has been slightly delayed, but you may ask me directly for an (unofficial) draft. The artistic facet of the event has been enhanced, so make sure you understand the differences with F3P. Also make sure your music(s) are within limits. The time schedule will be enforced in Mons as it will be in China. With multi-sports events such as the WArtGames, the time constraint cannot be extended, so if there is, say, 1 1/2 hour allowed for one round before switching to another sport, it means 90 minutes and not one extra. It not already done, we will add to your music the "end of flight" signal 15 seconds after the end of the flight music.

Be well.

Guy R.