[CIAM-F6-Working_Group] Re: World Artistic Games

  • From: Guy Revel <guyrevel@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: ciam-f6-wg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 10:23:01 +0200

Dear all,

I had a look at the preliminary WArtGames competitors survey we drafted a few months ago. If we are to make a proper final selection, we definitely need a couple of F6B international contests to assess the level of some of the lesser known pilots from countries such as Belarus, Russia, etc. So I remind you that contests have to be registered to FAI at the latest 3 months before the event. In addition, it came to my mind that it may be wise to include in the selection of invited pilots at least one pilot from the host country (China), what do you think ? While we ignored what the host country was, we could believe at least one of its home pilots would make the selection, but such is not the case. Having a place reserved for a Chinese pilot may help pushing the class in this country and possibly in whole Asia. Please be aware also that, according to the present schedule draft, pilots will be required, as a local rule, to have three different music & schedule sets ready, so that they would never fly the same schedule twice during the same day.

Any comment ?

Guy R.
PS: Donatas & others, I need the email addresses for Janne Lappi, Krzysztof Bogdanski etc. Please write privately to me.

At 16:44 18/10/2011, Guy Revel wrote:
Dear all,

The news comes from the FAI General Conference that came to an end yesterday in Belgrade, Serbia. The World Artistic Games will take place in China during the second half of November, 2012. The competitors will be submitted by FAI 90 days in advance at the latest. This means that for those countries for which we discussed a possibility of 2 competitors (Belgium, Czech Republic, United Kingdom, Germany, France, USA and possibly Japan) selection, if any, have to take place during this winter/spring either through AeroMusicals (F6B) selection contests or through direct nomination by their NAC.
Reminder 1 : Travel and in-country expenses are covered by the organiser.
Reminder 2 : As agreed earlier, the WAG medal winners (Fabien Turpaud, Martin Müller, Donatas Pauzuolis) are automatically selected, leaving the German and French NACs to nominate only 1 additional pilot.

Of course, the agreement we came to still has to be validated by the CIAM Bureau at its December meeting. Then NACs will be asked to submit names from which the F6 Working Group will establish the final list of 24 competitors to be submited to, and validated by, the April, 2011 CIAM Bureau (and Plenary meeting). If more pilot names are submitted by NACs than the 24 limit, the Working Group will have to establish an international ranking, so it may be useful that pilots take part in international F6B competitions so as to establish such an international ranking.

There will be an information meeting on November 13th with SportAccord and FAI, so I should be able to tell you more quite soon.

Guy R.
PS: While I am at it, I append the score sheets valid from January 1, 2012. This is what will be used at the World Artistic Games, so obviously is is advisable to use the new, 2012 set of rules at any 2011/2012 Winter season contest that may be used to select WArtGames pilots. While the 2012 Sporting Code is not yet available, I also include the full rules set + 2012 changes.