[channelf] Re: assembler

  • From: Thomas Mathys <mathys66@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: channelf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 21:39:25 +0200

>The assembler may not be powerful enough, but any sort of a
>disassembler is great to have, a wonderful addition to the Channel F
>"toolchain" that we're creating here...

i can now assemble lights.asm with dasm and get the same binary sean has on
his website.
this helped me to find an ugly bug, which my half-baked testsuite didn't
reveal :D

actually ftool source is pretty compatible to dasm syntax (it may not be
the other way round).
i had to change the following things in the lights out source to make it
assemble with dasm:
- dasm chokes on pretty much anything that isn't a label but stands at the
very beginning on a line.
   lights.asm contained some org directives which stood at the start of a
line.
- i had to change all the db directives to dc.b. dasm doesn't know db.

i'm now going to implement db/dw/dd data definition directives, so that
ftool source can be assembled with as little change as possibly.

cheers
thomas