<CT> Re: Screen res

  • From: Erwin Dokter <edokter@xxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 14:31:10 +0200

Brian L. Johnson wrote:

> One thing left to resolve, and this one has me stumped. Screen
> resolution. I'm running on an IBM 8513 monitor...

Ouch! I think your screwed here. Looking up "IBM 8513 monitor" on Google
gave me the specs right away: Fixed frequency with max resolution of
640x480. It's officially not even VGA compatible.

> Me thinks it's just the crummy monitor (oh why did I have to sell
> that nice NEC Multisync...), but does anyone know of ANY way to get
> this (*&#(*&#@! up to at least 800x600?

The first hit on Google hes some sulotion, using a special video card
and/or cabling.

> Erwin, I have to say that v3.3 is a heck of a piece of work, it's
> still smooth and slick after all these years. I found myself
> impressed with Calmira all over again. :)
> But grrr... I can't say I really like that new app bar thingie, I
> liked the aliases in the tray better. Oh well, my opinion. :)

Get used to it :) All I did was move them to the other end.

-- Erwin Dokter
   mailto:edokter@xxxxxxx
   http://members.home.nl/edokter