<CT> Re: Screen res

  • From: GLENNRPH@xxxxxxx
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 13:44:54 EDT

<< <CT> Screen res >>

Brian,
Hmm, have you tried just the "generic SVGA" drivers for Win3X?
Sometimes I can get 256 color that passes with it, and it will
use less memory a lot of times, when compared to say Cirrus
Logic drivers, the 542X series.  Also, the 8513 might not support
more than 16 color VGA, though I thought it would support 256.
Anyhow, try the SVGA drivers for Win3X...oh, and check the
"refresh rate", probably need to set it at say 60hz or so, just
guessing on this at the moment...but if you try to set it too high
a lot of times the display is scrambled, even in DOS.
See you later!
Glenn