<CT> Re: Screen res

  • From: mwenechanga@xxxxxxxx
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 12:50:44 -0700

On Tue, 11 Jun 2002 12:31:02 -0500 impala <impala@xxxxxxxx> writes:

> colors have nothing to do with the monitor, colors are determined by
> the video card only and limited by video ram.

Even my old vga black & white would do as many
shades of gray as the video card could handle. :)

> yep the IBM can only do the 640, try salvation army and goodwill for
> a good deal on monitors,I just saw a gateway 2000 monitor at my local
> salvation store this morn for $5. but I dont need one.

Don't buy gateway monitors!!
I've never seen one that didn't flicker yellow really badly after
it was a couple years old.  That's why they're so common at
thrift stores.  I haven't had problems with other 2nd hand
monitors.