<CT> Re: Screen res

  • From: "Brian L. Johnson" <blj8@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 10:37:09 -0600 (MDT)

On Jun 11, the keyboard of Billy Wong emitted this:

>   The IBM 8513 monitor can ONLY do 640x480 and nothing else

Heh... Well then, I forsee a fast trip to a gullible pawnshop in
that monitor's future then... :-P

I took the suggestion of Ross and Alan, and hooked up (temporarily)
the monitor from my Linux box... On the Genoa card, it happily ran
at 1024x768. Of course, that monitor had to go back on the Linux
system.

>   Why you sold that NEC Multisync to downgrade to an antiquated screen
>is beyond me.  :-/

Well... At the time, Lal (the 486) wasn't in use, so I had three
monitors, the 8513, the NEC and soem other monitor that eventually
died. A friend was looking for a monitor, so I sold him the NEC.

Ahh well, at least I'll crank up the colors for now, since new
hardware ain't gonna happen for a couple months. :(

-=Brian=-
rm -rf /bin/laden