[bookshare-discuss] Re: names, pronounciation,

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 23:54:52 -0500

Chela, how do you like the Pimsler Portugese de Brazil? My husband is bi-lingual (he's an American, but his parents worked in Brazil until he was a junior in high school), and I've always wanted to learn a little Brazilian Portuguese.

Judy s.

Chela Robles wrote:
I was born 1 pound 11 ounces and now I'm 5 feet tall lean body type,
dark brown hair almost black some people say, brown eyes, my hair is
curley as well, I'm three quarters Portuguese argued among my family
either from Brazil or Portugal, and the other quarter being Spanish
from either Mexico or Spain. I speak and understand Spanish, mostly
understand it, used to interpret but now I just understand it, I'm
learning Brazilian Portuguese, because I know a little bit, but wanted
to learn more so I got Pimsler Portugese de Brazil for Christmas two
Christmases ago. Yeah, I'm pretty musical, studied jazz material
including reading books about the people who made this exquisitely
well done work of art of many colors since I was 12 and now I'm 23
have been playing the trumpet and singing since I was 10, just started
taking piano lessons mid-January.
Well that is enough long tones for now, G.C.
To everyone else, this'll be a running joke that will last long,
between Grandma Cindy and I. So GC, smile one of those big ones, Chela
PS. In addition to working painstakingly on Kind of Blue, I've been
workin' on an album, my first one, not released to the public at all,
but if interested, please email me at cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx and I'll
give you all free MP3's of the music I've done, I've done three so
far, so I'd give you those ones, and as I get done with the others, I
keep you to my list of people to download these selections. It would
be great to have your names and emails so I can keep track of where to
send the music to via yousendit.com at no charge to you. I promise.
I'm doing some jazz standards as well.

On 5/28/08, Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I like these definitions better than the lobster or crab claw. You don't
seem sharp in the sense of biting, nor do you seem grasping. Musical
obviously fits. Are you little and  blond?

G.Cindy

*
On 5/28/08, Chela Robles <cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
Some people say my name means beer, others say it
means little blonde
one, and my mom says it means musical and the symbol
is the cello,
hence on how to pronounce my name Chela in Spanish,
Chela being the
musical definition really matches me, because I sing
tenor, play
piano, play trumpet, and music is part of me, who I
am, like all
trumpeters who take music seriously, that is my aim as
well, like
Miles, try to find my own style out of the ones
I've heard thus far.
On 5/28/08, m james <blindamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
My name is blindbean or sometimes blindamp
The blindamp is kind of obvious, I am a blind
amputee, and the blind bean
is
because that is my company, I sell gourmet coffee,
feel free to check out
my
website sometime...
Martin James
The Blind Bean
543 Rattler Bluff
San Antonio, Texas  78251
www.theblindbean.com
Phone: 210-232-3729
Fax: 210-682-2639
E-mail: theblindbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

From: Judy s.
<cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
pronounciation,
To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tuesday, May 27, 2008, 8:55 PM
How do you pronounce Siobhan because
I'm sure as heck
that I have
no idea what it should sound like! grin.

I do notice people's email names, and
I get asked about
my email
addy all the time.  smile.  I picked my
email address name
because I love anything made with
cherries, and because I
needed
something easy for my Dragon software to
recognize when I
speak
it.  smile.

Judy s.

Grandma Cindy wrote:
Chela,

I'm curious. How do you pronounce
your name? If it
sounds like
Sheila to E, I'm mentally
mispronouncing it, as I
have
mentally mispronounce Siobhan all my
life when seeing
it in
fiction.

BTW, do any of you notice
people's email names?
To unsubscribe from this list, send a
blank Email to
bookshare-discuss-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Put the word 'unsubscribe' by
itself in the
Subject line.  To get a list of available
commands, put the
word 'help' by itself in the
subject line.

To unsubscribe from this list, send a blank
Email to
bookshare-discuss-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Put the word 'unsubscribe' by itself
in the Subject line.  To get a list
of available commands, put the word
'help' by itself in the subject line.
To unsubscribe from this list, send a blank Email
  Put the word 'unsubscribe' by itself in
the Subject line.  To get a list
of available commands, put the word 'help'
by itself in the subject line.

  Put the word 'unsubscribe' by itself in the
Subject line.  To get a list of available commands, put the