[bookshare-discuss] Re: Some Amusing Bad Writing

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 18:30:37 -0500

Evan, I think that sentence qualifies for an award for "purple prose!" grin. Wow. Thanks for sharing.

Judy s.

EVAN REESE wrote:
Hi Folks,
I'm submitting a BSO tomorrow of a book I just finished reading. The book is Runelords: The Sum of All Men, the first book in the Runelords fantasy series by David Farland. I am series captain for this eight book, (so far) series. It's actually a good book. Along with the conventional Fantasy elements, the author adds some imaginative ideas of his own and explores them in depth. The book also has greater moral complexity than a lot of Fantasy out there. But in my opinion, the writing could be better. Here is perhaps one of the best examples that might give some of you a chuckle: By evening the clouds blew out of the region altogether, and warmer air now suffused the night, almost as if it were any other afternoon in late summer. Evan