[bookport] Re: Bookport transfer and a computer not your own

  • From: Sandy Licht <slicht@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 10:56:01 -0500

Just a tip. There will indeed be some down time, but there won't be as much as you think.At 10:09 AM 6/28/2006, you wrote:

I have a question regarding the sending of material to Bookport from a computer which is not mine.

I will soon be attending guide dog school: probably either at Seeing Eye or GDF. For quite a few years now, I've been getting my dogs from Fidelco which provides training in the home area.

I am wondering if the larger guide dog schools already have Bookport transfer on their machines for their clients' use, or do they allow clients to install the transfer software?

If any one, who recently attended guide dog school has some knowledge about this, please do share.

I, of course, plan to bring lots of books with me, but as a Bookshare member, I'm sure books will become available during my stay at the school, that I'll want to read right away.

I'm going to have to have lots to read, because I will definitely go nuts with all the down time at guide dog school.

Thanks in advance for answers.

Paula

Sandy Licht
Phone: 409-898-8218