[bookport] Bookport transfer and a computer not your own

  • From: Paula Mack <pmack1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 11:09:56 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

I have a question regarding the sending of material to Bookport from a computer
which is not mine.

I will soon be attending guide dog school: probably either at Seeing Eye or
GDF.  For quite a few years now, I've been getting my dogs from Fidelco which
provides training in the home area.

I am wondering if the larger guide dog schools already have Bookport transfer
on their machines for their clients' use, or do they allow clients to install
the transfer software?

If any one, who recently attended guide dog school has some knowledge about
this, please do share.

I, of course, plan to bring lots of books with me, but as a Bookshare member,
I'm sure books will become available during my stay at the school, that I'll
want to read right away.

I'm going to have to have lots to read, because I will definitely go nuts with
all the down time at guide dog school.

Thanks in advance for answers.

Paula