[bookport] Re: Bookport Transfer Softwear

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 09:19:08 -0400

Sandy:

This happens on occasion.  Please try the following:

1.  Do a Reset with 2 plus b.

2.  If you still can't connect, then try a reformat of the compact
flash card.  The command is 1 plus 3, plus d plus f (at the same time).

3.  Try disconnecting any scanners or other USB devices.

4.  Go into My Computer and see if you can see the Book Port's drive
letter.  It should show up as e or f, etc.

5.  Are you using a Desktop or a Laptop?

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> fredimae@xxxxxxxxxxx 08/14/06 06:44AM >>>
I  just received my Book Port.  I opened the Setup.exe from the CD and
went out onto the APH web site for the upgrades, but it is not behaving
as I would expect, and I am getting a message that the Book Port is not
connected, along with two, descending beep tones. I would have thought
that, when installing the software, I'd have got the usual message about
license agreements, but I didn't.  And the "finish" message came so
quickly that it seemed there was hardly time forth files to load and be
properly installed. I Reread the manual but all it says is to follow the
on screen instructions and that once the soft is installed,  it will
open up automatically when the Book Port is connected via the USB port.
That's not happening either.  I appreciate any assistance.
Sandy