[bookport] Re: My CF Card Continued

  • From: Bruce Toews <DogRiver@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 08:22:10 -0500 (CDT)

Thanks Rob. I really appreciate that. At least this can be dealt with.

bruce

--
Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he
gave the right to become children of God. John 1:12 NIV

Bruce Toews
Live Journal: http://coke_drinker.livejournal.com

On Mon, 14 Aug 2006, ROB MEREDITH wrote:

Bruce:

Thankfully, you found a bug in the beta firmware. We will work to
correct this problem. In the interim, use the command line format
command to reformat your 4GB card in your card reader with the following
parameters:
format e: /u /a:32k /fs:fat32

You would, of course, substitute the drive letter of your card reader
in the above command.

Rob Meredith

DogRiver@xxxxxxxx 08/13/06 11:25AM >>>
My 4GB CF card is a GXT card. It worked great until I updated the
firmware. So this morning I tried formatting the card in my card
reader.
It did format. When I placed the newly-formatted card into the BP, the

transfer software recognized the BP. but the BP was acting very
sluggish.
I then tried formatting the card with the BP again, and again, once
complete, I get jibberish for filenames on what's supposed to be an
empty
card, and the BP is no longer recognized by teh transfer software. I'm

assuming, then, that there's an issue with the BP and GXT CF cards. I
hope
this can be fixed as I hate the idea of having purchased a CF card that
is
rendered useless by firmware "improvements".

Bruce