[bookport] My CF Card Continued

  • From: Bruce Toews <DogRiver@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 10:25:09 -0500 (CDT)

My 4GB CF card is a GXT card. It worked great until I updated the firmware. So this morning I tried formatting the card in my card reader. It did format. When I placed the newly-formatted card into the BP, the transfer software recognized the BP. but the BP was acting very sluggish. I then tried formatting the card with the BP again, and again, once complete, I get jibberish for filenames on what's supposed to be an empty card, and the BP is no longer recognized by teh transfer software. I'm assuming, then, that there's an issue with the BP and GXT CF cards. I hope this can be fixed as I hate the idea of having purchased a CF card that is rendered useless by firmware "improvements".

Bruce

--
Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he
gave the right to become children of God. John 1:12 NIV

Bruce Toews
Live Journal: http://coke_drinker.livejournal.com