[blind-democracy] Re: for Carl, Atheism

  • From: "Roger Loran Bailey" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: blind-democracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2015 22:18:22 -0400

You just go into your Google account, or if you don't have one, you set up one. You fill out your preferences and if you indicate that you want Google to do so it will follow an algorithm in the future that takes account of all your past searches and/or your browsing history to give you results and to sort your results to conform to what you are most likely to be interested in. I notice that at the bottom of a Google page there is a link to do the search over as if you had not had it configured to give you personalized results if you want to.

On 7/21/2015 10:05 PM, Miriam Vieni wrote:

What do you mean by having Google configured to give you personalized
results? I've seen that mentioned but I never understood it.

From: blind-democracy-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: blind-democracy-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:blind-democracy-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of
Charles
Krugman
Sent: Monday, July 20, 2015 3:08 PM
To: blind-democracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

As a hard-core atheist I would agree with this
definition. I
just
happened
to catch this message as I am way behind in emails
so I
haven't been
following much lately. An Agnostic is someone who in
simple
terms
doesn't
know whether there is a god or any other deities or
who
doesn't want
commit to such a statement. I will have to go back
and try
to find
Carl's
original post. Arm out of sling as of doctor's
appointment
today so
I may be
more regular again on the computer.