[blind-democracy] Re: for Carl, Atheism

  • From: Alice Dampman Humel <alicedh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blind-democracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2015 13:29:50 -0400

Arg, keys that stick and blasted auto correct…I fix this especially for you,
Carl, since you responded…
Sometimes, when I type the word “not,” the n key does not get recognized, then
auto correction changes the resultant “ot” into “to.” Same thing happened to
the z in Nietzsche…
So this message should have read:
So by this definition, Nietzsche was not an atheist, because he claimed that
God was dead, not that he didn’t exist in the first place…interesting...
On Jul 20, 2015, at 2:25 PM, Alice Dampman Humel <alicedh@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

So by this definition, Nietsche was to an atheist, because he claimed that
God was dead, not that he didn’t exist in the first place…interesting...
On Jul 20, 2015, at 12:57 PM, Miriam Vieni <miriamvieni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

from Google

Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of
belief in gods. Older dictionaries define atheism as "a belief that there is
no God."

Atheism is, in a broad sense, the rejection of belief in the existence of
deities.[1][2] In a narrower sense, atheism is specifically the position
that there are no deities.inclusively, atheism is the absence of belief that
any deities exist.[
It seems to me that this describes your belief. That is why I say that you
are not an agnostic.