[bksvol-discuss] Re: a question about tables

  • From: "Amy Goldring Tajalli" <agoldringtajalli@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 22:28:19 +0000

Cindy,

Do you remember the problems we had with the Indices in the Kipling? I did not have MS Word and unfortunately still don't but at least remembered what we did so I removed all the tabs and replaced them with spaces by space bar - lots of spaces.

One problem I did not resolve and don't know how the validater will resolve is the double-spacing of lines which end with a return. Do you know if the Bookshare computers have fixed that  or will the indices and other odd places  end up with strange double-spacing.  This had two columns of nouns separated by space with page numbers following each line of people, places or things

Amy
omsm
--
It if be now, 'tis not to come,
If it be not to come, it will be now,

-------------- Original message from Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>: --------------

I'll have to try that next time. Do I understand you properly Jake? I can scan a table that's in a book and it will OCR as a table? Then why are they not turning out properly in books that people are scanning? Why do they ask to have me do