[bksvol-discuss] Re: a question about tables

  • From: eric troup <yakkoman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2008 21:10:47 -0700

If anyone's having that kind of good luck scanning talbes, I'd like to know how they do it. I scan books with tables, and the tables come out difficult to read at best, impossible to read at worst. Frankly, I'd submit many more roleplaying games to Bookshare were it not for the table problems. Well, that and the fact that many RPGs use polyhedral dice which, to my knowledge, aren't available in a tactile- friendly form, and therefore make the books all but useless to someone who's blind unless s/he is incredibly determined. It's mainly the table thing though, since I know of at least one incredibly determined blind person (me), and where there's one, there are bound to be others. <Grin>

On 6 Jul 2008, at 18:34, Grandma Cindy wrote:

I'll have to try that next time. Do I understand you properly Jake? I can scan a table that's in a book and it will OCR as a table? Then why are they not turning out properly in books that people are scanning? Why do they ask to have me do something with them?
G.Cindy

Date: 7/6/2008 5:26 AM