[bksvol-discuss] a question about tables

  • From: "Devorah Greenstein" <DGreenstein@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2008 18:50:28 -0400

Folks,

I know there have been discussions about tables and I'm sorry I don't
remember what was said. The well-scanned book I'm validating has an
occasional table. One table, for example, has three columns and seven
rows. But some spaces are empty. I mean the left hand column has five
entries, the middle column has seven entries. I'm working with a copy of
the printed book because there are lots of symbols in the book, and
tarot card layouts and other diagrams.

I have to re-type this table anyway, because I can't straighten it out
as is. But as a sighted volunteer, I don't know what the best way to do
it is. Can someone send me a written example? Or give me some hints? I
thought maybe I need to do a bracketed validator note explaining that
it's a three column table, name the column headings, sort of narrate
through the table.

Or should I just retype the table and maybe put dashes between the
columns? It's all words and names.

I'd love to hear suggestions.

Thanks,

Devorah