[bksvol-discuss] Re: Total books added this year

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2012 16:55:43 -0800 (PST)

I've never kept track, either. Like Susan, I read the book carefully,except for
indices and bibliographies. Then I do a final spell-check and  pagination
check; and I describe illustrations. It depends on the length of the book and
what complications there might be. I can speak in terms of months rather than
hours. Sometimes and I don't know why, though I save my work, when I next go to
the file to open it and  continue, and do a spell-check to get to where I left
off, it appears as if missed correcting some  pages. The last book I did I
redid the pagination and scanned each page as I did to catch anything missed.
The book I'm working on I'm not going to do that; It appears  I just get to a
different page further on in the book. I suppose if one checked when I first
downloaded the book and then when I uploaded it one could tell how many
months/years it took me. Only a couple of times I thought I lost the whole
thing and re-downloaded the rtf and
 started again
Cindy