[bksvol-discuss] Re: Total books added this year

  • From: "Jamie Yates, CPhT" <mirxtech@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 06:09:11 -0400

For me, I can do a children's picture book in about an hour, even if I
have to hand type most of it (fonts in those books tend to not scan).

More complicated children's picture books like the Best Dogs Ever
series take maybe 90 minutes to 2 hours to do.

Older children's paperbacks I can scan, OCR and format into word,
about 3 pages per minute unless they have lots of handwritten parts or
complicated things that make them not really scannable.

Regular adult paperbacks maybe 3 to 4 pages per minute. Hardcovers
maybe 2 pages per minute because they can't usually be scanned in 2
page mode.

Cookbooks or other books with labor intensive symbols/footnotes/etc
take about 2 minutes per page, some as many as 4 to 5 minutes per
page. Depends upon how much needs checking against the print book.

--
Jamie in Michigan

Currently Reading: A Case of Bad Taste by Lori Copeland