[bksvol-discuss] Re: Total books added this year

  • From: "Martha Rafter" <mlhr@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2012 21:26:23 -0500

Hi Alisa and other Folks,
   It is hard to say how long it takes to proof a book; it really depends on
how long and how complicated each book is.  I proof on average 4 to 6 hours
daily.  I read every word of each book.  I go through the entire check-list in
the proofreading manual.  I generally proof 50 to 75 pages per day.  Sometimes,
on a really good day I can do 100 pages.  I hope this is helpful.
Martha Rafter