[bksvol-discuss] Re: Total books added this year

  • From: "Larry Lumpkin" <llumpkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2012 18:31:30 -0600

My wife and I have been processing books for bookshare for a number of years
now.  I can tell you that a 400-page book takes me probably 6 or 8 hours to
set up and scan.  She may spend several weeks proofing it.  She reads the
book with a Braille display.  She reads every word on every page anhd I
often apply several OCR tools that I have to re-scan bad pages.