[bksvol-discuss] Re: So what did we decide?

  • From: socly@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 13:13:36 -0500

The problem, Rui, seems to be that the hard page breaks aren't retained in txt
files. I have no problem putting them in, but when I tried putting them into a
txt file I was validating, when I openedit again to work on after having saved
it, with hard breaks and italics where they were supposed to be, neither was
retained. Have you seen txt files with hard page breaks? Have you yourself been
able to validate one and put in hard breaks that are retained? Maybe it's just
my machine. I have a suspicion that, though I'm working, or think I'm working,
on the txt document, the machine might automaically be using Word, though it
doesn't say so --it says plain text. If I used something other than Text Only,
such as Text with Line Breaks or MS DOS Text or MS-DOS Text wiht Line Breaks,
or Unicode Text, would that make a difference? I thought when I asked once a
while ago I was told to use the Text Only, but maybe that's the problem. I
can't remember if I tried any of the others recently, although I did the very
first time and it didn't make a difference -- but that was when I'd validated
in word and converted back.