[bksvol-discuss] Re: Need blind help on a Microsoft word oddity

  • From: Madeleine Linares <Madeleinel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2014 22:38:52 +0000

Hi Judy,

If you're referring to what I think you're referring to, it is something that
certain versions of Microsoft Word does automatically when you type three
asterisks in a row and press enter to create a new paragraph. I believe to
remove it you just highlight the line and select "normal" under the styles
section. This also may only happen in certain version of Word. For some reason
I thought that someone was able to discover/recognize it using a screen reader
but I don't remember who that was. Please let me know if this makes sense and
works as a fix and if not I can work with you offlist. If anyone else figures
out how to show this thing with a screen reader please let me know! I can also
ask some of our staff.

Best,

Madeleine Linares
Volunteer Coordinator