[bksvol-discuss] Re: Need blind help on a Microsoft word oddity

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2014 20:46:47 -0600

Great question. It would be up to Bookshare to either look for this in their conversion tools, or to ask that volunteers do it when they're working on a book. My guess is that this problem happens very rarely, so I doubt there is any priority for doing anything other than fixing it manually when it's caught at the point when a book is submitted for approval. Just guessing on my part, of course. smile.

I can't think of any way that clearing a document that doesn't need it, following the way I described, can harm the document. With how quirky Word can be, however, I really don't know for sure.

Judy s.
On 2/5/2014 7:41 PM, john.falter wrote:
What happens if you do this to a document that doesn't need it?
Is it possible to automatically perform this trick as part of general proofreading?