[bksvol-discuss] Re: Missing pages.chapter

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 17:00:05 -0800 (PST)

When my husband bought me a new scanner, the epson
Photo 3490, the ABBY FIne Reader Sprint was "bundled"
with it. It doesn't have the ability to scan a lot of
pages at once, like the one with my other scanner.
Then I could OCR and save several pages in one
document.(I just checked the epson site epson
3490--itmust be discontinued because there are 3 for
sale ranging from $70 to $110)

When someone on the list, I think Dan, said his Fine
Reader  could I went online. Thereis a Fine Reader 8
but it costs money, so I'll stick with what I have. In
the long run, as I said, I think it's faster. I don't
know ow I got the same one on my other scanner instead
of the one I had originally, but I changed
computers--pgraded to an OSX (I use a Mac). Maybe that
has something to dowith it. Or maybe my husband loaded
it.

Cindy