[bksvol-discuss] Re: Missing pages.chapter

  • From: Jamie Yates <jamieyates@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 12:02:08 -0800 (PST)

Which program has a free limited version Cindy? I
can't keep omnipage installed correctly on my computer
and while we have more than one computer (we never
seem to get rid of our old ones well that's not true
I'm donating on old Windows 98 machine to our local
head start preschool program but that still leaves us
with 3 desktops) I like to use MY computer.

Omnipage stays installed on the other computers just
not mine. I'd like to try out whatever you're using
that is a free limited version. I assume it can be
downloaded somewhere?

Sometimes on my computer I will use the scanning
software that comes with Office 2003 but it's not
always very accurate.

I paste the pages into word as they're ocr'd. It takes
up a lot less hard drive space than if I let omnipage
save them. Plus I like to look at how it looks on the
screen just to make sure nothing weird is going on.

I should start a campaign to ask authors to submit
their books to bookshare as they are published. I
emailed an author once (Lori Avocato) to ask where I
could find one of her older books and she actually
emailed me back herself with a personal and chatty
note and a second follow up one after that.

Jamie in Michigan