[bksvol-discuss] Re: Missing pages.chapter

  • From: Jamie Yates <jamieyates@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 05:00:47 -0800 (PST)

I like to scan 2 pages, then ocr them, then copy and
paste them into Word, and then do the next 2 pages.
I've found with the new-to-me-scanner though that it
scans faster so I've been doing maybe 10 pages and
then doing it. I'll bet Devil in Gray was what I did
first on the new scanner.

I've done 20 pages at a time but Omnipage kept closing
on me. Probably not enough memory to do 20 and it's a
real bummer to lose 20 pages you've scanned so I've
been sticking to 10 pages. Except that darned cookbook
I had to only do 2 at a time so I could check the
fractions in the recipes.

I have been scanning that Lord Krishna's vegetarian
one too and it's slow going. I've got 100 of the 700
or so pages done.

Jamie in Michigan