[bksvol-discuss] Just Submitted

  • From: Mayrie ReNae <mrenae@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2007 20:40:31 -0700

Hello Everyone!

I have just submitted "Scrub-a-dub Dead," By Barbara Colley. It is in rtf format, all pages and copyright info present. All page numbers and chapter headings have been protected. I read this one too from cover to cover. I'll paste the synopsis below.

This is a new mystery series to me. I hope someone else enjoys it. Sit back and have a nice read.

Peace,
Mayrie

Doing a favor for a friend in need has
 Charlotte cleaning rooms at the New
 Orleans Jazzy Hotel. The historic Garden
 District mansion is serving as a home-away-
 from-home for Shreveport's chapter of the
 Red Scarf Sorority, a group of socially elite
 women in their forties.
While picking up beautiful red silk scarves
 from the floor of a room she's cleaning,
 Charlotte is startled by the sudden arrival of
 its ranting and raving occupant, who insists
 that Charlotte ignored the Do-Not-Disturb
 sign on the door and threatens to have her
 fired. Charlotte is stunned into silence, until
 the Red Scarf Sorority comes to the rescue.
 The women manage to calm Tessa Morgan,
 who just had a run-in with her estranged
 husband's much younger mistress Lisa and
 learned that they plan to marry. After some
 of the women jokingly suggest making Lisa
 permanently disappear, Charlotte takes her
 leave. The situation gets even messier when
 Charlotte runs into an old flame and learns
 that he is Tessa's stepfather and that Lisa
 may be blackmailing him.
The next day, Charlotte gets back to work,
 only to learn that Lisa has been murdered,
 strangled by what could have
 been a red scarf. The hotel
 is awash in suspects, and
 Tessa is being dragged
 in handcuffs. It seems
 Lisa had more
 enemies than
friends,     and
Charlotte is convinced the police are on the
wrong track with Tessa. It's time to start
through clues before the person who
rubbed out Lisa makes a clean getaway.